Welcome to Survivors Hub

EST. AUG 2018

Optimal Barrel Timming (OBT) -Advanced  

RSS

Mike_T
MIL/LEO
August 21, 2018 19:24  

I found this when reloading supplies were scarce and I was trying my best to work up a load for my new SPR build with minimal waste of supplies. In short, the theory is that you want the projectile to exit the barrel when the shock wave of the blast is furthest away from the muzzle. This will prevent it from disturbing the projectile as it exits the barrel. All credit goes to the-long-family.com for the theory. I believe this may explain the reason behind the accuracy nodes we see as we work up our loads. Of course you have to take your time measuring internal case volume and getting precise measurements of all of your input data but I love the intricate calculations involved. I guess it's time to buy some ballistics software! Has anyone else tried this theory? 

WORK HARD, PLAY HARD AND HAVE FUN - LIFE IS SHORT

ReplyQuote
88M_VET
Admin
August 22, 2018 15:32  

That was an interesting read. I have been using Quickload for a while now. I got it to calculate some wildcat rounds I was playing with. I'm sure there are others, just keep in mind that the results are only accurate if you input the correct data. 

“If a man does his best, what else is there?”
– General George Patton Jr

ReplyQuote
justice
Basic Member
September 4, 2018 23:24  

I've never heard of this before. Is quickload worth the $$ ? Are there any other options?

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register